Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Best Poet of 2010

I am one of many that have been asked to write a poem for a book published by Eber & Wein Publishing titled, "The Best Poets of 2010". I am privileged to receive this accomplishment out of thousands of poets to choose from. My poem entry is below and see if it is relateable to you.
My Authentic Self
Who am I may come from my mind
I have to think about what I am saying,
Am I real to the world around and to me
Or do I put a false front on the people to see?
I have always had to be myself in every way
True to my values and what I believe is truth,
I have a strong background in determination
My will is faithful to who I am insde of me.
My faith in God has been my greatest asset
It holds me strong so I can find my way,
I look to God's Word for what I should do
Living my life to please Him and not myself.
Being true to me is what makes me authentic
Holding fast to the beliefs I have set in my life,
It does not matter what others think of me
As long as God is looking into my heart and sees love.
I feel good about who I am in Christ Jesus
I am His child and belong to Him alone,
I will continue to walk in the steps He has laid for me
So I can be the bible that people read as they see.
-Anita DeMeulenaere

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting into words what I have always felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's one of my daughter's recent poems for school.

    An Ode to Finals

    Oh finals, oh finals I've studied so long
    I've worked very hard so I hope I'm not wrong
    I'll follow each step until I am sure
    I'll study each problem until it's a blur
    I've studied all day and into the night
    But still got some sleep so I'll be alright
    Today we start finals hurray, oh hurray
    There is a lot of problems but I'll be okay
    I start in math for my core one
    To calculate numbers to me is such fun
    My brain jumps, it giggles, it jives
    Each question correct before even three tries
    At the end of two hours my stomach will cry
    I forgot to eat breakfast so now you know why
    We get a break to eat lunch and go play
    You children need fresh air is what you will say
    We come back in and we skip our core two
    Head straight to core three cause that's what we do
    I've got my pencil, eraser and brain
    This test will be hard, good thing I'm insane
    Ok I'm finished. It's time to go home
    I'll get time to study in my own study dome
    Ok we are back good thing I'm prepared
    Though I must admit I am kinda scared
    We go to core two to continue our test
    Thank goodness we have time in between to rest
    So science is the first that I start
    I know density equals one broken heart
    So after science is finally done,
    We get a break to spend time in the sun
    We wander back in and I go to L.A.
    The game is back on at the end of the day
    So although some kids will gripe and complain
    I’m laughing and smiling, but then I’m insane!

    ReplyDelete